Monday, April 2, 2012

instructables update March 31

I went to radio shack and picked up the connector for the battery this morning.

So, I was telling the LeBlancs, a family that is a close friend of mine, about this project friday night when I was picking up my kids from them after work. Megan, the oldest child mentioned that her dad is good with electronics and that he might be able to help. When I told him what I was trying to do, throwing out words like arduino, servo, wireless nunchuk and code, he had a blank look on his face like he had no idea what I was talking about but he agreed to try to help. On Saturday we went over to their house and I showed him the two working codes. He rigged the big remote control car battery to the breadboard for a power source for the servo so that we didnt keep draining 9 volts in minutes. After only copying a pasting a short bit of code from one to the other and changing the baud rate from 19200 to 115200, we have working code for a wireless chuk!!! I was soooooo excited!! The servo was moving soooo fast and I wanted to try to slow it down, so he changed the baud rate back to 19200 and it stopped working. We changed it back and it still wouldnt work! Why? That's all that was changed but it wont work. Why didn't I get a video???? Why? Darn!


After dinner, we got back to work. We tried all kinds of things to get it working again. We were looking at sections of each of the 2 codes, comparing them. We noticed that the read delay was different and I suggested changing the read delay to match. So we changed it from 10 to 30 and it worked!!! YES!!!!!! I got the video first thing and we didnt try to tweak code again for fear of it stopping again.

I got the video on my phone and saved it to my computer. Just tried to play it and it wont play all the way through. I dont know what happened, maybe it didnt save right but i already deleted it from my phone so I dont have a video after all. it will play a few seconds before it messes up so I will try to upload it so at least a little proof is there.




No comments:

Post a Comment