Sunday, February 5, 2012

lab update

So we worked on our occilating circuits this week. I chose design 3 because it had numerous touch points and the least number of resistors. I dont know why but I wanted less resistors. I changed one of the capacitors from 100uF to 22uF simply because I didnt realize I needed a third cap and just used one I had from previous labs. My circuit did not work the first try but Will fixed it for me. One part was one position off, go figure. The thing didnt make much noise, just some quiet little static noises, but I got it tomake a siren sound once which was coolness but I couldnt replicate it.

 I drew my plans on photoshop but have since changed the 22uF capacitor to a 100uF. I soldered all the parts to the board, which is much easier than working on the bread board in my opinion, then tested the circuit. It worked on the first try which is awesome. The result was less than dersireable. It barely made any noises and everyone else was getting really loud cool sounds so I changed the cap back to the original design's suggestion. Then it was fun! All kinds of cool, fun, loud, give you a headache sounds ensued.

Will was playing with it and he was getting a great sound when he just barely poked the touch point. I tried the same, but didnt get any sound. Talk about disappointing, but then while he was holding 2 wires and I was still holding the third, he poked my arm with his free hand and, behold, the cool sound came! I then turned into a poke Megan fest. He made different variations of the sound by touching different places on my arms, hands, face, and neck. Then another classmate joined in the festivities. We each had a wire and the 2 of them played the circuit through me. It was a riot!

No comments:

Post a Comment