Thursday, February 9, 2012

instructables project idea

My youngest son, Kaiden, is completely into Yo Gabba Gabba at the moment. He always wants to watch the movie and he dances like crazy to the songs. I was thinking that I might as well make something for this project that i will want to keep and that will be useful in some way. Combine that with needing more entertainment for my kids so that I can do homework in peace and this idea was born.

So his favorite song is the Hold Still song, you can see it here:

http://youtu.be/sLSpXaokFkc

Zander and Kaiden both like the character Brobee. So my idea will use Brobee.

I want to make a freeze dance game. I want Brobee to dance and sing the hold still song and have a sensor of some kind so that it can tell if the kids freeze or not. Maybe it can tell who is player one and who is player two and it will call out Player one, you're out! or something like that. So Freeze dance Brobee is my plan.
I haven't much of a clue how to do what I want. I browsed instructables for some motion sensor how to's but I havent really found what I want.

I'm thinking that I could somehow combine the dancing Brobee doll:









and either a kinect or a wiimote and sensor bar
















and the song downloaded on itunes to make my freeze dance game.



My second idea is a back pack umbrella. It is my invention that combines a backpack and an umbrella. the umbrella would be inside the backpack in the place that the handle collapses into on the rolling back back models so that it is strong enough to stay put in windy weather. There would be a button on the shoulder strap that releases the umbrella. The umbrella would shoot out and then when it is extended above the head, it would open out. This way you wouldn't have to hold the umbrella so that your hands are free to carry groceries, art projects, or children. Very convenient if I say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment